TCS Appraisal Process | TCS Performance Band | A B C Band In TCS – TCS D Band Salary Decrease
TCS – the Indian leader in IT industry,appraisal process in the process to judge the performance of associates & yearly salary package is also modified after the yearly appraisal process. Project Manager will assess team member’s performance through the appraisal process.
TCS Appraisal Process Flow:
- TCS associate’s performance are recorded through 2 half yearly appraisal process i.e TCS H1 Appraisal & TCS H2 Appraisal process.
Duration of TCS appraisal cycle:
- TCS H1 cycle duration is 1 April -30 September
- TCS H2 cycle duration is 1 October – 31 March
TCS Performance Band:
- After completion of TCS H2 on 31 st March, all TCS employee can able to know their performance ratingi.e IPF.
- Then TCS start a IOU band level rationalization process & project GL/Project Manager are informed the number of A,B,C,D,E performance band, he/she must give to their project team member.
- Project GL/Project Manager provide the performance band A-E for their Team Member
- TCS team member can able to know their performance band after 10th April(generally)
Change of TCS Salary Package With Performance Band:
- TCS associates salary package is also modified depends on TCS performance band.
- The top performer (Received A Band) salary hike will be 20-25%
- Associates Received B Band get a hike of 15%
- Associates Received C Band get a hike of 10%
- If TCS performance band changes to A-B,B-C band their will be little hike of like 5% only.
- If TCS performance band changes from C band to D band, salary will be decreased like 7-8%
- If TCS performance band remain same, like A-A,B-B,C-C the hike will be 25%,15% & 10% respectively
- If TCS associates received D Band previously has received D Band again, the hike will be very nominal, like 3-4% only & Performance Improvement plan will be initiated.
Clarity and Problems Of TCS Appraisal Process:
- TCS appraisal process is not clear & also not perfect at all
- TCS project manager generally give good performance band/rating according to personal relation
- Employee Performance Appraisal is Painful & does not motivate the TCS associates
- TCS appraisal process does not assess actual performance of team member
- TCS appraisal process is a non data based assessment
- TCS appraisal process actually demotivate the associates
- Cross-comparisons is not possible in TCS appraisal process
- No alert is given to TCS associates regarding their performance